Helicopter Training Course for Commercial Pilot license for helicopters - CPL(H)
About the Commercial Pilot license CPL(H) helicopter training course
The commercial pilot course is for private helicopter pilots who wish to continue their helicopter pilot training, either to gain increased proficiency or with an eye towards possible future employment.
Get your commercial Pilot Certificate for Helicopters
Get your Commercial Pilot Certificate for Helicopters rating! Fill out an application today!
Helicopter Pilot Training at Helicopter Academy:
The helicopter pilot training will be adjusted to your individual needs and previous experience. A price example given at the bottom of this page.
Helicopter training prerequisites:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language
- Hold at least a private pilot certificate.
Steps to get a commercial Pilot Certificate:
- Pass a written test given by the FAA.
- Fulfill the minimum requirements of helicopter flight time and training specified by the FAA (see below).
- Pass an oral, and flight test given by the FAA or an approved Designated Pilot Examiner.
Minimum requirements for a commercial Pilot Certificate - Part 61:
A person who applies for a commercial pilot certificate with a rotorcraft category and helicopter class rating must log at least 150 hours of flight time as a pilot that consists of at least:
- 100 hours in powered aircraft, of which 50 hours must be in helicopters.
- 100 hours of pilot-in-command flight time, which includes at least -
- 35 hours in helicopters
- 10 hours in cross-country flight in helicopters
- 20 hours of training on areas of operation listed in the flight proficiency requirements (see below) that includes at least
- 10 hours of instrument training in an aircraft.
- One cross-country flight of at least 2 hours in a helicopter in day VFR conditions, consisting of a total straight-line distance of more than 50 nautical miles from the original point of departure.
- One cross-country flight of at least 2 hours in helicopter in night VFR conditions, consisting of a total straight-line distance of more than 50 nautical miles from the original point of departure.
- 3 hours of flight training in preparation for the practical test in a helicopter, which must have been performed within 60 days preceding the date of the test (check ride).
- One cross-country flight with landings at a minimum of three points, with one segment consisting of a straight-line distance of at least 50 nautical miles from the original point of departure.
- 5 hours of night VFR conditions with 10 takeoffs and 10 landings (with each landing involving a flight in the traffic pattern).
|Commercial Pilot Helicopter rating for those with Private Helicopter rating already completed|
|30 Hrs. Flight Instruction||$250||$7,500.00|
|70 Hrs. Flight Time||$250||$17,500.00|
|35 Hrs Ground Instruction||$0||$0.00|
|Commercial Written Exam||n/a||$150.00|
|FAA Examiner's Fee||n/a||$600.00|
|Helicopter ADD ON for those with commercial airplane rating|
|40 Hrs. Flight Instruction||$300||$12,000.00|
|10 Hrs. Solo Flight Time||$250||$2,500.00|
|20 Hrs Ground Instruction||$0.00||$0.00|
|Commercial Written Exam||n/a||$0.00|
|FAA Examiner's Fee||n/a||$500.00|
Course price example based on standard prices.